This article is an overview of GeneXus 18 Upgrade 3 features (compared to GeneXus 18 Upgrade 2) and what needs to be taken into account to adopt it.
It was released on April 26th, 2023.
After its release, a hotfix was provided: GeneXus Build 172101. More info in SAC #52869
This upgrade provides overall stability improvements, especially for Security and Deployment.
- GXflow can now be enabled by selecting Tools > Workflow > Enable Workflow.
- Security can be defined at the Query Object level. See more information in SAC #52785.
- New Datastore: Support for Cosmos DB added.
- Java adds support for:
- Enhanced RTL support in Web (.NET, Java) and Angular. See SAC #52793.
- Dark mode support in GXflow.
- Angular: New set of properties for Progressive Web App (PWA) development. See SAC #52737.
Technology update & Future Proofing
- Java: Support for Tomcat 10.1 and Servlet spec 6.0. See SAC #52460.
Please check these links for additional features, compatibility aspects, issues, and details: