GeneXus X Evolution 2 Upgrade 3 sets priority on user and developer experience adding more than 90 features and on stability solving more than 1600 issues. GeneXus improved, for building outstanding apps, enterprise level solutions.
- General Smart Devices Development
- iOS & Android specific
- Android specific
- BlackBerry specific
- Versioning Apps
- Buttons support Themes, Margin and Padding
- Audio API support
- iOS specific
- Security - GAM
- New Cookie Data Type
- More user interaction in Query Viewer - ItemClick Event
- Weighted mean support in Query.
- New timeline chart supported in Query Viewer
- Support for FCK HTML Editor in iPad - SAC 33551
- Jscript compression improved again
- Indexing of PDF files
- New Theme properties max/min-width/height - SAC 33967
- Version Management
- Version comparator supports selective merge
- JavaMail classes can now be used to send and receive emails - SAC 33666
- Reorgs on LongVarchar, Image, Blobs, etc are done using alter table SAC 32631
- IDE: performance issues, memory leaks, GDI+ leaks and related crashes fixed. SAC 34277
- IDE: Usability improvements in BPM Diagrams editor SAC 32714
- IDE: Improvements in Revisions Comparer UI supports comparing SD Panels SAC 33545
- IDE: Subtype group processing improvements SAC 33566
- The TimeZone problem
- Changes in National Language Support property implies a reorganization of the related tables SAC 22925
- Platform SDK supports Visual Studio 2010 and 2012
Built with this version in its Previews stage
Disclaimer: Tienda Inglesa app and Artur MVD use some external components not provided built in with GeneXus yet.
Built with and for this version
- You need to upgrade your licenses pack in order to activate this version. Please follow the instructions stated here: GeneXus X Evolution 2 Upgrade #3 Protection
- Since this GeneXus version includes new Control properties, you need to update also your GXserver instance to Upgrade 3 too in order to not loose property values when committing your changes.
- Security: Cookies cannot be changed via jscript by default (take a look at SAC 33918 for more info and options)
- SAC 34943: Fixes in .NET Generator to Web Session handling in command line procedures and submitted procedures
- Default DateTime storage timezone property value for new KBs is UTC. View TimeZone support - Compatibility considerations
- Build also deploys to the Cloud when property Deploy to Cloud is set to Yes.
- iOS: Devices' Version 4.3 or higher is required.
- Prompt compatibility for Smart Devices
- The isvalid behavior changes. See the following sacs:
SAC #37597 (Isvalid is not triggered on readonly fields anymore)
SAC #34134 (Isvalid is not triggered when the value of the field does not change)
- GAM & GAM API
- SAC 33906: Now you can decide if you want to import the GAM library examples. By default the WEB examples are prompted to be updated. In this build it is required to update these examples, otherwise you will get an error.
- SAC 34215: GAMUser.IsEnabledRepository has been renamed to GAMUser.IsEnabledInRepository
- SAC 33229: In case of java application.gam and connection.gam changed folder for security reasons.
Please check for more details in the Release Notes here
Some fixes have been added and are available at the download center. Please check GeneXus X Evolution 2 Upgrade 3 Hotfixes Log