This article is an overview of GeneXus 15 Upgrade 5 features (compared to GeneXus 15 Upgrade 4) and what needs to be taken into account to adopt it.
This upgrade contains important improvements related to stability and consistency of the GeneXus IDE.
- New Enable Show Password property added.
- In .NET, if Protocol Specification is HTTPS, automatic redirects are created in the web.config
- Caching mechanismos improved when using QueryViewer. More information at SAC 41528
- In multi-tenancy using GAM, there are new methods and features to create and initialize new repositories for the new tenants, just by copying the data from an existing repository. See HowTo: Creating New Repositories.
- Besides, in a multitenant scenario where the "gamadmin" user creates new repositories, he can be enabled to perform any administrator's action in the new repository so as to let the user to use the "gamadmin" account and not to change the login credentials. See SAC # 41651. See also GAM Manager Repository.
- Enterprise Application aRchive (EAR) Deployment support added. More information at Application Deployment tool.
- Several issues have been fixed related to Deployment. More at the details linked below.
- Android requirements changed. Tool / Update Android SDK lets you easily update the SDK. Note that the new SDK is not supported by previous GeneXus versions, so you must duplicate your Android SDK installation if you still want to generate Android applications with previous versions. More Information at Android Requirements.
- The mechanism that executes the Knowledge Base Navigator when the developer presses F5 (Run) and the Knowledge Base has not a Smart Device Startup Object, has been deprecated. As of this version, every Android app will be executed only by installing the *.apk file on a device or emulator.
- GAM has changed the way to check if the user has access to the built-in GAM backend. Now it checks if the user is associated directly with a role, and not with a permission, so it will be much cleaner for the Applications because that permission isn't needed anymore. See SAC 41588.
Before releasing, previews were available at the Preview channel: GeneXus 15 Upgrade 5 Preview