This article is an overview of GeneXus 17 Upgrade 5 features (compared to GeneXus 17 upgrade 4) and what needs to be taken into account to adopt it.
Upgrade 5 has been released on August 20th, 2021.
This upgrade includes important features and improvements to the DesignOps process and developer experience, starting from improved 'Import from Sketch' up to improvements for Testing applications, among others. Furthermore, it adds important features that add capabilities to the generated solutions and their security and broadens the range of technologies and cloud services they can lay on or use.
- Instead of generating .NET Core 3.x, it now generates .NET 5 code, being so in tune with Microsoft's strategy and roadmap, heading .NET 6.
- Maps (when using Mapbox provider) can be offline
- Improvements in the dialog to assign task's roles. See details here
The following has been included in .NET, .NET Core, and Java generators:
- The theme object has been implemented in the map's output of the Queryviewer. See HowTo customize Map visualization in QueryViewer control
- Support to translation of literals in queries and dashboards. See details here
- Property Title was implemented for all the Queryviewer outputs options. See details here
- The ShowValues property has been implemented in the Map output in the QueryViewer control. See details here
- The Query and Dashboard preview panel in the IDE now are localized in Chinese also
- The following objects can be seen at the GXserver Console: Stencil, Deployment Unit, URL Rewrite, API, and User Control (SAC #49699)
- .NET 5 is required by .NET Core Generator and its generated apps
- Blobs, Files, and Excel documents are served as private when using external storage
- A new reorganization in GAM database is required(Anyway, the new schema is compatible with the previous one: Programs generated with previous versions can keep accessing the new version).
- Changes in connection.gam file format. See details here
- Category Pattern has been removed and is deprecated. More information in SAC 49908.
- Extensibility: Deprecations and Removals in Android and Apple flexible clients
Please check these links for further features, compatibility aspects, issues, and details of the already mentioned.
GeneXus Server: https://www.genexus.com/developers/rn?data=0;6;V17;5;V17;4;
GeneXus for SAP: https://www.genexus.com/developers/rn?data=0;8;V17;5;V17;4;