This article is an overview of GeneXus 18 Upgrade 2 features (compared to GeneXus 18 upgrade 1) and what needs to be taken into account to adopt it.
It has been released on February 16th, 2023.
This upgrade provides overall stability improvements, especially related to the IDE and Design Systems.
- This version can be executed without Administrator privileges. More information in SAC #39359
- With the Rm (remove/delete) function, you can delete files on the remote SFTP server.
- Improved multimedia support: Support added for Video data type, camera API (TakePhoto() and RecordVideo() methods), etc. More information in SACs #52300, #52301, #52302
- Support for Tabular grid control (Beta)
- OTP and 2FA support added.
Design System Object
- OpenTelemetry support added (Beta).
- Improvements to dependency management and packaging of third-party libraries related to cloud services & Maven.
- Dependencies to several third-party libraries updated to the latest versions.
- The Parameter Style property is enabled in the External Objects. This property allows setting how the parameters travel in the invocation of a SOAP service.
- Now you can export a selected Transaction's structure with a parameter called OnlyStructTrn in the MSBuild Task.
- Improvements to modify at Runtime the Log settings in Contained environments.
Compatibility & Installation
Apple: XCode 14 is now the lowest supported version. More information in SAC #52345.
Announcement: Cryptography data types will be discontinued in GeneXus 18 Upgrade 5. GeneXus Security API is on the way to replace these data types. It is recommended to migrate your code and use this API before GeneXus 18 Upgrade 5.
All Details (Features, more Compatibility aspects, Issues)
Please check these links for additional features, compatibility aspects, issues, and details:
GeneXus Server: https://www.genexus.com/developers/rn?data=0;6;V18;2;V18;1;