This article is an overview of GeneXus 17 Upgrade 6 features (compared to GeneXus 17 Upgrade 5) and what needs to be taken into account to adopt it.
It has been released at 29th. October 2021.
This is a very important upgrade that improves the way you model your design. Improved modeling always results in better applications, and so it happens when you use the Design System Object. With this domain-specific language for modeling designs, you get more accuracy and performance at runtime.
Furthermore, generated applications get improved by new UI Controls and capabilities for Native Mobile applications, technology improvements for the back end, new integration capabilities, and last but not least, security updates and features.
- Added Log Level property for web tests execution
- Improved AddCapability command. Also, now supports adding extensions in runtime, selecting browser binary, among other settings
- Added Compare Image command for web UI tests
- Running web UI tests on NetCore + Kestrel is now supported
- XCode 13 is required for building iOS applications.
- Some bug fixes related to navigation, data handling, and serialization may imply compatibility issues. Please check the details.
- Extensibility: Deprecations and Removals in Android and Apple flexible clients
Please check these links for further features, compatibility aspects, issues, and details.
GeneXus Server: https://www.genexus.com/developers/rn?data=0;6;V17;6;V17;5;
GeneXus for SAP: https://www.genexus.com/developers/rn?data=0;8;V17;6;V17;5;
If you want improvements to features, please join the Beta Testers Channel at http://www.genexus.com/betatesters