This document lists software requirements that GXflow components require at runtime. For developer requirements please check GeneXus 18 hardware and software requirements
GXflow is a multi-platform Software solution, so its server-side requirements vary depending on the selected language (Java, .NET) and DBMS.
||* Microsoft .NET Framework 4.6.2 or higher
* ADO .NET provider associated with the selected DBMS
* IIS 6.0 or higher(1)
* URL Rewrite
||* ASP.NET Core Runtime 6
* .NET Runtime 6
More information at https://dotnet.microsoft.com/download/dotnet/6.0
||* Oracle JRE or Open JRE 1.8 or higher
* J2EE Server or Servlet Server(2)
* DBMS JDBC Driver (3)
(1) - Internet Information Server 7 or higher when using Azure.
(2) - When using Apache Tomcat, use version 7.0.67 or higher.
(3) - Redistributable JDBC Drivers are automatically packaged with the application (ref.: Application Deployment tool).
- In the case of MySQL 8.0 you must set the charset and collation in this way
ALTER DATABASE '<schema-name>' DEFAULT CHARACTER SET utf8mb4 COLLATE
These are the client-side requirements for the built-in components; custom clients may have others.
GXflow Inbox runs in web browsers; the GXflow client for Native Mobile runs on iOS and Android.
||Minimum Version with Restrictions
(1) - Refer to https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/enterprise/ for ESR meaning.
(2) - Note that current versions of Edge are based on Chromium and older ones (like version 20) are now are referred to as 'legacy' in Microsoft's documentation (ref.: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4026494/microsoft-edge-difference-between-legacy).
Supported Native OS
Android and iOS applications store local data for caching purposes or offline scenarios using SQLite databases. The SQLite DBMS is part of Android and iOS Operating Systems and its version is defined by Android and iOS Requirements.
Check Apple Requirements and Android Requirements for more information.
There may be additional requirements that depend on the application interoperates with GXflow and whether the security is based on GeneXus Access Manager (GAM).
For those cases, check the Application execution requirements section at GeneXus 18 hardware and software requirements.