The table below describes the main changes made to GXtest for GeneXus 17 upgrades. All changes that are in stable and preview channels are included in the beta version too.
Date: By night-build.
Release: GeneXus 17 - Beta Channel
- Set as expected does not work when the expected field is not defined in the data provider's test case or there are commented test cases
Date: By night-build.
Release: GeneXus 17 - Preview Channel
GXtest for GeneXus 17 upgrade 7
Date: December 20th, 2021.
Release: GeneXus 17 - Preview Channel
- IDE frozen when running tests after a build all
- Full screenshots being cropped for screen zoom level greater than 100%
Date: October 29th, 2021.
Release: GeneXus 17 upgrade 6
- Running Test Suites doesn't require a license anymore
- Added Log Level property for web tests execution
- Improved AddCapability command. Also, now supports adding extensions in runtime, selecting browser binary, among other settings
- Added Compare Image command for web UI tests
- Added descriptions for web UI commands and their parameters, they are displayed when using them at coding time.
- GetText command not getting the line breaks
- Mobile UI tests within suites were ignored
- Running web UI tests on NetCore + Kestrel is now supported
- Fixed AddCapability command.
- Run Again & Run Failed buttons could be clicked when there was an execution in progress already
- Unit Test code generated commented when a parameter is External Object-based
- iOS results steps loaded as info column instead
Date: August 20th, 2021
Release: GeneXus 17 upgrade 5
- Screenshot taken by the TakeScreenshot command now is openable from the test results window too
- Added support for taking full screenshots: TakeScreenshot command
- Creating and running UI tests doesn't require a license anymore
- Improved webdriver files update mechanism: Web UI test browsers compatibility
- Now it is possible to record a web UI test from GeneXus IDE: Record Web UI Test command
- Added new web environment property Verify Stops Execution which allows setting a default behavior for single-parameterized Verify commands
- Click failing on WWP menu out of visible content
- Options for running tests were being displayed for some other items such as KB Version and Languages
Date: July 5th, 2021
Release: GeneXus 17 upgrade 4
- Added property Enabled for tests
- Changed individual contextual menu options Run This Test for a single Run Test(s) options from multiple tests selection
- Added contextual menu option Run Unit Tests for Procedures, Data Providers, and Business Components
- The page title is included in failing web command result info to ease server errors detection like 404, 500, etc.
- Added buttons on the Test Results window to repeat the last execution and to run only failed tests again and some UI improvements
- Added property Test Values on Domain objects to define values to be used on parameters based on the domain at unit test generation time
- Now Run Suite contextual menu option allows multiple Test Suite objects selection and it's named Run Suite(s)
- Added support for enumerated domains and collection of basic types when using the feature Set As Expected
- Click on IE failing on some filter buttons
- Test objects icons were not displayed on GeneXus Server
- Test Results default position was Top instead of center
- Generated SDT recycling conditions improved when CUTFO (now considers SDT rename, variable renames, types changed, among others)
Date: April 26th, 2021.
Release: GeneXus 17 upgrade 3
- New object Test Suite added, being runnable by MSBuild also and exporting results to JUnit and Allure formats
- Added support for adding browser start arguments, that allows running web tests in headless mode, among other settings. More information here
- Added browser version in execution results: IDE, HTML, and Allure.
- Some minor changes over the Test Results window. Moved to the center panel by default.
- Added new parameter TestObjects for RunTests MSBuild task allowing to run tests by their name directly.
- Creating and running mobile UI Tests now requires a GXtest license too.
- Tests runner procedure changed its name from Runner to TestsRunner.
- Fixed GXtest cache interference with the application cache only during tests' execution
- Enhanced checking objects time KBs when opening big KBs
- Some UI improvements over test windows and tabs
- Fixed ClickByLinkText not working on links with spaces in Chrome
- Generated unit tests are always set with Visibility = Public for the ones created by the Create Unit Test for object feature
Date: February 24th, 2021.
Release: GeneXus 17 upgrade 2
- Negative values generated by the CUTFO feature were wrong (lower than the lowest one allowed)
- Running web UI Tests on Edge Chromium for java environments is now supported
- Alert commands were malfunctioning where there was more than an alert in a test execution
Date: December 18th, 2020.
Release: GeneXus 17 upgrade 1
- Added commands by control name for tables: GXtest UI Commands by control name in grids
- Added command GetMessages for retrieving messages and error viewers displayed on webpages.
- Added command DoubleClick by control name.
- Added support for combined keyStrokes using SendKeys and KeysBy commands. The separator is |
- Changed assertion comparer diff control
- Fixed show android results in Test Results window when the test is inside a module.
- RunTestsList MSBuild task was not using KB properties when JSON execution file had ScreenshotMode, HtmlMode, and/or Browser not defined
- Test execution was being marked as successful in some cases that should not.
- Clean Results button in the Test Results window was not working as expected (it needed 2 clicks to clean all results)
Date: October 20th, 2020
Release: GeneXus 17
- New commands by control name available
- Added support for new Edge browser (only Net & Net Core envs)
- Added new Test -> Web environment properties: Screenshot mode and HTML mode
- Added new command: SetWindowSize
- Changed test objects' names and descriptions
- Android test results are shown in the Test Results window now
- Saved page HTML for failing commands
- Improvements in MSBuild tasks for running tests
- After running tests from GX IDE, the first test is auto-selected to show its commands & assertions in detail.
- Fixed web UI Tests running on Firefox going to slow in NetCore envs
- Improved frame detection on SwitchFrame command
- AddCapability command with "boolean" values not working
- Edge Legacy compatibility issues were fixed
- Fixed ClickBy commands on Firefox
- Fixed SwitchWindow and CloseWindows commands
- Added retry mechanism to avoid failing commands occasionally
- Fixed mocking when reading Date & DateTime types from JSON file
- Fixed error when running a test before had made an environment build