The following is a list of the guaranteed and necessary requirements to run GeneXus 15.
GeneXus IDE needs administrator rights to function properly. So the user running GeneXus has to have administrator rights.
* Processor: minimum of 1 GHz (multi-core recommended)
* Memory: minimum of 4 GB of RAM (8 GB recommended)
* Hard disk: minimum of 1.2 GB of disk space for the installation. To generate applications you will need additional space or a shared disk unit to create the knowledge bases, and generate the code
||* Microsoft Windows 7 SP1 or higher, Microsoft Windows Server 2008 R2 or higher.
* Microsoft .NET Framework 4.6
* Microsoft SQL Server 2005 or higher (Express, Standard or any other Edition)
* Microsoft Internet Explorer. Minimum Version: 6.0 SP1 (11 or higher recommended)
||* Microsoft .NET Framework 4.0 or higher
* ADO .NET provider associated to the selected DBMS
||* JDK 1.6 or higher (3)
* Servlet API implementation file for Web environments (for example servlet-api.jar file)
* Check GeneXus 15 Java Generator for more information
||* iOS Requirements
* Android Requirements
(1) - Tomcat is the only servlets server supported for prototyping locally.
(2) - Knowledge base Navigator does not support prototyping Offline Apps. Take a look at Smart Devices Offline Applications Requirements.
(3) - JDK 1.7 if WebNotifications external object, REST services or External Storage for Multimedia features are used. (When using Apache Tomcat, use version 7.0.67 or higher)
(1) - .Net Framework 4.5 and a Virtual directory with .NET Framework 4.0 Application pool when using WebNotifications external object.
(2) - Internet Information Server 8 when using WebNotifications external object make sure to install the windows feature 'WebSocket Protocol' module in the IIS 8 section.
- Internet Information Server 7 or higher when using Azure.
(3) - JRE 1.7 if GeneXus Access Manager (GAM), WebNotifications external object, REST services or External Storage for Multimedia features are used. (When using Apache Tomcat, use version 7.0.67 or higher)
(4) - Redistributable JDBC Drivers are included in GeneXus Setup and copied in build time under <Knowledge base Environment Directory>\<Drivers> and referenced in Classpath property.
When generating application that use databases, the supported DBMS's are the following:
(1) - Using GeneXus Access Manager or GXflow the supported version for Mysql is 5.0.3 or higher.
(2) - Using GXflow the supported version is SQL Server is 2012 or higher. Using GeneXus Access Manager the supported version is 2005 or higher.
See Also Cloud Database for more options.
||Minimum Version with Restrictions(1)
||11 or higher
(1) - Not all features can be used with this versions. See (2) for more information.
(2) - If WebNotifications external object, ProgressIndicator external object, Responsive Web Design (RWD) features are used this are the minimum supported versions.
(3) - In all cases, the latest available browser version is recommended, primarily because of improvements related to performance and security.
To enable the 'WebSocket Protocol' module in Windows follow these steps: "Turn Windows features on or off" -> Internet Information Services ->World Wide Web Services -> Application Development Features -> WebSocket Protocol. It requires restarting the machine.
To verify that .NET Framework 4.5 is installed, go to "Turn Windows features on or off" and check .Net framework 4.5 Advanced Services. .NET Compiler csc.exe of .net framework 4.5 is the same than the one of .net framework 4.0 (typically found under C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319).