The following is a list of the guaranteed and necessary requirements to run GeneXus 15.
GeneXus IDE needs administrator rights to function properly. So the user running GeneXus has to have administrator rights.
||* Processor: minimum of 1 GHz (multi-core recommended)
* Memory: minimum of 4 GB of RAM (8 GB recommended)
* Hard disk: minimum of 1.2 GB of disk space for the installation. To generate applications you will need additional space or a shared disk unit to create the knowledge bases, and generate the code
||* Microsoft Windows 7 SP1 or higher, Microsoft Windows Server 2008 R2 or higher.
* Microsoft .NET Framework 4.6
* Microsoft SQL Server 2005 or higher (Express, Standard or any other Edition)
* Microsoft Internet Explorer. Minimum Version: 6.0 SP1 (11 or higher recommended)
||* Microsoft .NET Framework 4.0 or higher
* ADO .NET provider associated with the selected DBMS
||* JDK 1.6 or higher (3)
* Servlet API implementation file for Web environments (for example servlet-api.jar file)
* Check GeneXus 15 Java Generator for more information
|Smart Devices (2)
||* iOS Requirements
* Android Requirements
(1) - Tomcat is the only servlets server supported for prototyping locally.
(2) - Knowledge base Navigator does not support prototyping Offline Apps. Take a look at Smart Devices Offline Applications Requirements.
(3) - JDK 1.7 if WebNotifications external object, REST services or External Storage for Multimedia features are used. (When using Apache Tomcat, use version 7.0.67 or higher)
(1) - Internet Information Server 8 when using WebNotifications external object make sure to install the windows feature 'WebSocket Protocol' module in the IIS 8 section.
- Internet Information Server 7 or higher when using Azure.
(2) - JRE 1.7 if GeneXus Access Manager (GAM), WebNotifications external object, REST services or External Storage for Multimedia features are used. (When using Apache Tomcat, use version 7.0.67 or higher)
(3) - Redistributable JDBC Drivers are included in GeneXus Setup and copied in build time under <Knowledge base Environment Directory>\<Drivers> and referenced in Classpath property.
When generating application that use databases, the supported DBMS's are the following:
|.NET and Java
||* DB2 Universal Database
* DB2 UDB for iSeries
* SQL Server(2)
* SAP Hana DB
|* 7.1 or higher
* V5R1 or higher
* 7.31 or higher
* 4.x or higher
* 8.1.5 or higher
* 7.x or higher
* 2000 or higher
|Android and iOS
||* SQLite is part of Android and iOS Operating Systems and its version is defined by Android and iOS Requirements
(1) - Using GeneXus Access Manager or GXflow the supported version for Mysql is 5.0.3 or higher.
(2) - Using GXflow the supported version is SQL Server is 2012 or higher. Using GeneXus Access Manager the supported version is 2005 or higher.
See Also Cloud Database for more options.
||Minimum Version with Restrictions(1)
||Minimum Version (2)
||Recommended Version (3)
||11 or higher
(1) - Not all features can be used with this versions. See (2) for more information.
(2) - If WebNotifications external object, ProgressIndicator external object, Responsive Web Design (RWD) features are used this are the minimum supported versions.
(3) - In all cases, the latest available browser version is recommended, primarily because of improvements related to performance and security.
- To enable the 'WebSocket Protocol' module in Windows follow these steps: "Turn Windows features on or off" -> Internet Information Services ->World Wide Web Services -> Application Development Features -> WebSocket Protocol. It requires restarting the machine
- To verify that .NET Framework 4.6 is installed, go to "Turn Windows features on or off" and check .Net framework 4.6 Advanced Services