The following is a list of the guaranteed and necessary requirements to run GeneXus 15.
GeneXus IDE needs administrator rights to function properly. So the user running GeneXus has to have administrator rights.
||* Processor: minimum of 1 GHz (multi-core recommended)
* Memory: minimum of 4 GB of RAM (8 GB recommended; 16 GB recommended to generate Android applications)
* Hard disk: minimum of 1.2 GB of disk space for the installation. To generate applications you will need additional space or a shared disk unit to create the knowledge bases, and generate the code.
||* Microsoft .NET Framework 4.7.1 (Check its requirements here)
* Microsoft SQL Server 2005 or higher (Express, Standard or any other Edition)
* Microsoft Internet Explorer. Minimum Version: 6.0 SP1 (11 or higher recommended)(1)
(1) Internet Explorer base libraries are used for web (HTML) editor. See below "Supported Internet Browsers" for application runtime requirements.
||* ADO .NET provider associated with the selected DBMS
||* Oracle JDK or Open JDK 1.6 or higher (3)
* Servlet API implementation file for Web environments (for example servlet-api.jar file)
* Check GeneXus 15 Java Generator for more information
|Smart Devices (2)
||* Apple Requirements
* Android Requirements
(1) - Tomcat is the only servlets server supported for prototyping locally.
(2) - Knowledge base Navigator does not support prototyping Offline Apps. Take a look at Offline Native Mobile Applications Requirements.
(3) - JDK 1.7 if Server.Socket external object, REST services or External Storage for Multimedia features are used. (When using Apache Tomcat, use version 7.0.67 or higher)
(1) - Internet Information Server 8 when using Server.Socket external object make sure to install the windows feature 'WebSocket Protocol' module in the IIS 8 section.
- Internet Information Server 7 or higher when using Azure.
(2) - JRE 1.7 if GAM, Server.Socket external object, REST services or External Storage for Multimedia features are used. (When using Apache Tomcat, use version 7.0.67 or higher)
(3) - Redistributable JDBC Drivers are included in GeneXus Setup and copied in build time under <Knowledge base Environment Directory>\<Drivers> and referenced in Classpath property.
- To enable the 'WebSocket Protocol' module on Windows, follow these steps: "Turn Windows features on or off" > Internet Information Services >World Wide Web Services > Application Development Features > WebSocket Protocol. It requires restarting the machine.
- To verify that .NET Framework 4.6 is installed, go to "Turn Windows features on or off" and check .Net framework 4.6 Advanced Services.
When generating application that use databases, the supported DBMS's are the following:
(1) - Using GAM or GXflow the supported version for Mysql is 5.0.3 or higher.
(2) - Using GXflow the supported version is SQL Server is 2012 or higher. Using GAM the supported version is 2005 or higher.
(3) - SQLite is part of Android and iOS Operating Systems and its version is defined by Android and iOS Requirements
See Also Cloud Database for more options.
||Minimum Version with Restrictions(1)
||Minimum Version (2)
||Recommended Version (3)
||11 or higher
(1) - Not all features can be used with these versions. See (2) for more information.
(2) - If Server.Socket external object, ProgressIndicator external object, Responsive Web Design (RWD) features are used this are the minimum supported versions.
(3) - In all cases, the latest available browser version is recommended, primarily because of improvements related to performance and security.