Reorganization is part of the build process. It includes generation, compilation and execution of the reorganization programs in charge of creating the database (if needed and possible) and making changes in the database schema (i.e. creating / changing / dropping Tables, Views, Functions, Indices, and Constraints) and transforming the related data.
- Executable reorganization programs are generated compiled and executed
- A Reorganization script containing the SQL of the reorganization is generated
- Users can define Pre/Post Reorganization scripts
- Reorganization programs
- run in multiple threads
- can count records to be transformed
- verify schema as the first step in order to avoid failures
- verify DBMS version in order to avoid failures
- can resume after failure
For more information see Features of Reorganizations.