The GeneXus Data Types can be divided into:
- Basics: the very well-known data types (Numeric, Character, etc.)
- Business Components: to use the Business Logic of Transactions in other objects, use Business Components.
- Extended Types: those used to handle things like Files, XMLs, Directories, Web sessions, Mail sessions, Excel and Word documents, etc.
- Structured Data Types: it is the GeneXus object which allows defining complex data structures.
Where are Data Types used?
- In an Attribute definition: only Basics are allowed
- In a Domain definition: all except Business Components are allowed
- In a Variable definition: all kinds of data types are allowed
- In the members of a Structured Data Type definition: all kinds of data types are allowed