The following are the guaranteed and necessary requirements in order to run GeneXus X Evolution 3.
GeneXus IDE needs administrator rights in order to function properly. So the user running GeneXus has to have administrator rights.
* Processor: minimum of 1 GHz (multi core recommended)
* Memory: minimum of 4 GB of RAM (8 GB recommended)
* Hard disk: minimum of 1.2 GB of disk space for the installation. To generate applications you will need additional space or a shared disk unit to create the knowledge bases, and generate the code
||* Microsoft Windows Server 20XX, Microsoft Windows XP SP2, or higher (1)
* Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 Service Pack 1
* Microsoft SQL Server 2005, 2008, 2012, 2014, 2016 (Express, Standard or any other Edition)
* Microsoft Internet Explorer. Minimum version: 6.0 SP1. Recommended version: 8.0 or higher
* Sun JRE | JDK 1.6 or higher (2)
(1)As of GeneXus X Evolution 3 Upgrade 4, GeneXus setup does not support Windows 2003 server and Windows XP. More Information...
(2) Not required as of GeneXus X Evolution 3 Upgrade 6. More information ...
(1) - Knowledge base Navigator is not supported when using Offline Apps Prototyping. Take a look at Native Mobile Offline Applications Requirements.
(1) - .Net Framework 4.5 and a Virtual directory with .NET framework 4.0 Application pool when using Server.Socket external object.
(2) - Internet Information Server 8 when using Server.Socket external object make sure to install the windows feature 'WebSocket Protocol' module in the IIS 8 section.
- Internet Information Server 7 or higher when using Azure.
(3) - JDK 1.7 and Apache Tomcat 7.0.67 or higher if Server.Socket external object features are used.
When generating application that uses databases, the supported DBMS's are the following:
1 - Ruby generator supports SQL Server and MySQL.
2 - Using GeneXus Access Manager and/or GXflow the supported version for Mysql is 5.0.3 or higher.
Supported Internet Browsers:
||Minimum version: 8.0
||10.0 or higher(1)
||Minimum version: 3.0
||10 or higher(1)
||Minimum version: 6.0
||17 or higher(1)
||Minimum version: 5.0
||6.0 or higher(1)
1 - If Server.Socket external object, Progress Indicator (X Evolution 3), Responsive Web Design (RWD) features are used this are Minimum supported Versions.
In all cases, the latest available browser version is recommended, primarily because of improvements related to performance and security.
2 - Supported since GeneXus X Evolution 3 Upgrade 5.
GeneXus X Evolution 2 Hardware and Software Requirements for previous versions hardware and software requirements.
To enable the 'WebSocket Protocol' module in Windows follow these steps: "Turn Windows features on or off" -> Internet Information Services ->World Wide Web Services -> Application Development Features -> WebSocket Protocol. It requires to restart the machine.
To verify that .NET Framework 4.5 is installed, go to "Turn Windows features on or off" and check .Net framework 4.5 Advanced Services. .NET Compiler csc.exe of .net framework 4.5 is the same than the one of .net framework 4.0 (typically found under C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319).