Indicates which layout of a Grid row must be displayed when it is tapped on, to show more or less information, and also to enable new actions only available when the row is selected.
Generators: Android, Apple
Consider the EventDay application, where there is a WorkWithDevicesSpeakers object with a Grid in which all the event’s speakers are loaded.
Suppose that after selecting a speaker from the grid –by tapping on it–, you want instead of calling the Detail, showing a brief biography of the speaker, and an arrow-shaped image to access further information on the speaker if desired.
||"Cimas Alejandro" selected
Therefore, you need two layouts for each item or line of the grid: One that is used when the line is not selected, and another one to use when it is selected.
To create a new layout on the Grid of the Speakers List level, you have to:
- Click on the upper right corner of the Grid.
- In the menu that is displayed click on “Add New Item Layout”.
- Enter the name desired for the new Layout (i.e., "SelectedItem"). Note: In this example, the default layout is also renamed as “Item”.
- Organize the Layout as wanted (Add/Move/Remove elements). In this example, a brief biography of the speaker is shown, and an arrow-shaped image to access further information on the speaker if desired.
- Run (F5) and see the result.
Additionally, to continue having access to the Detail level, create the following event on the arrow-shaped image of the SelectedItem layout:
Consideration: For the Default Selected Item Layout property to work, the Grid’s Default Layout must be different from the layout configured in that property.
This property is available since GeneXus X Evolution 3.
Multiple Layouts per Row
Work With for Smart Devices object
Work With for Smart Devices configuration
Work With for Smart Devices Detail Node
Work With for Smart Devices List Node