External providers that allow the developer to send Push Notifications to both iOS and Android devices on any platform.
GeneXus supports push notifications from:
- Infinite scalability (to send thousands of notifications per second)
- Control panel for managing users and send notifications
- No own infrastructure needed for Push
- Independence from Push Platforms
- Registration on the provider website is required. including additional configuration for Android and iOS.
The developer must follow the steps described below.
- In the Main object turn on the Enable notifications property.
- Register the application on the provider site and get the credentials.
- HowTo: Register an application to use OneSignal services
- HowTo: Register an application to use JPush services
- Set the Notifications Provider property with your desired provider and set the credentials.
GeneXus provides a built-in API for sending notifications. Please refer to Notification Provider API.
- For OneSignal applies as of GeneXus 15 Upgrade 3. Those developers who use previous upgrades must download the PushInterop framework for GeneXus 15 and follow the instructions of GeneXus X Evolution 3 (see the previous version of this document). It is highly recommended to migrate your implementation to use this new mechanism.
- For JPush applies as of GeneXus 15 Upgrade 8.
- In-App Settings - Google Android "Mismatch SenderId".
Please check that the "Android Sender ID" property value (within the Main SD app) is correct.
Refer to this tutorial just in case.