This article is an overview of GXquery 4.0 Upgrade 9 improvements and what needs to be taken into account to adopt it.
It has been released on May 27th, 2020.
Upgrade 9 is an overall technology and security update. It ships a new UI control for uploading metadata also has new software requirements related to the technology update. Flash is not more required in the browsers.
Details can be found at https://www.genexus.com/en/developers/rn?data=0;5;4.0;9;4.0;8
- A completely new installation is required, so follow the installation steps described below
- Among other software requirement changes, .NET framework 4.7.1 is required. More information at GXquery 4.0 Requirements
- GXquery API is only available for GeneXus 15 or higher
- Check GXquery 4.0 Requirements
- Install GXquery 4.0 Upgrade 9 in a new virtual directory (pointing to a new database), following GXquery 4.0 Installation Manual
- Go to your GXquery 4.0 Upgrade 8 or prior installations
- Export the metadatas
- Uninstall licenses
- Go to your GXquery 4.0 Upgrade 9 installation
- Request new licenses
- Import the metadatas
Note: To keep using GXquery 4.0 Upgrade 8 or prior installations for a period of time, you must ask for extra temporary licenses sending an email to email@example.com