The Domains component allows the user to view all the existing Domains and manage all their properties or create new ones. Domains are used by dynamic forms—the elements of a dynamic form can be based on one of the existing domains; these Domains give a general definition of a type as GeneXus Domains do.
The following figure shows the Domains component interface where you can create new ones or edit the existing ones:
In the following sections you will find the description of the different components.
The following toolbar buttons allow you to make changes to the Domains in the grid.
- New: the New button allows the user to create a new domain. The user will view the following dialog where he can set the domain properties:
- Where in the general tab:
- Id: identifier of the domain—read only.
- Description: description of the domain—as it will be displayed when selecting it from an element.
- Type: type of the domain; its possible values are:
- Length: sets the length of a domain. Only available for string types.
- Decimals: sets the decimals of a numeric type domain—available only for types.
- Display: the way the domain must be displayed; in other words, its control. The possible values are:
- Auto Complete
- Date no picker
- In place edit
- Multi Select
- Rows: number of rows —available only for Textarea.
- Columns: number of columns—available only for Textarea.
- Default Value: sets the default value to be used for the domain.
- Validation Regex: sets a regular expression to be queried when data is inserted in the field—the inserted data must match the pattern. Only available when using Character type.
- Where in the layout tab:
- Floating: sets the alignment of the domain.
- Component Width: sets the width of the component.
- Width: sets the width of the domain.
- Edit: allows editing any property of an existing domain.
- Display: displays all the properties of the domain.
- Remove: removes/deletes the domain.
The actions grid, located in the center, shows all the existing domains.
This grid consists of the following columns:
- Description: displays the description of the domain.
- Type: displays the type property of the domain.