In order to configure a GXflow installation that runs on a Windows Server to use licenses from a Protection Server you must follow these steps:
This is the Windows server where the licenses are installed. Do these steps on it:
- Install GeneXus Protection Server (184.108.40.206 or higher)
- Install GXflow Licenses
- Add a local network user (that will be used for executing the application) to the windows group called "Artech Remote Protection Users" or "GeneXus Remote Protection Users".
This is the Windows server where the application with GXflow is installed. Do these steps:
Since the introduction of a new GXflow license scheme, from GeneXus 15 Upgrade 8 there are no additional requirements to use centralized licenses.
Just set the License Protection Type to Protection Server in the GXflow license manager.
- Install GeneXus Protection Server (9.1 or higher)
- Setup up the remote server using "Select Computer" option
- Setup up the user that will be used for executing the application (same as step 3). For this select the option "Select Computer" and then press the "Advanced" button.
- Copy the protect.ini file from C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Artech\GXprot1 to C:\Windows\System32. If the application runs in 32 bits copy the protect.ini file to C:\Windows\SysWow64