The Roles application can be accessed from the GXflow Management Console.
Workflow Roles can be managed in runtime using this application. It allows to assign/remove roles to/from users in runtime.
The main purpose of this application is to allow the association of Roles to Users, this cannot be done in design time because the users are not a part of the model.
- Edit: Allows you to change the name of a role, take into account that if this role is also defined in the IDE, its name will be overwritten on the next impact.
- Remove: Removes the selected role, default roles cannot be deleted.
- Members: It opens a display where in the right column are listed the users assigned to the selected role and in the left one all the others. Users can be assigned or unassinged by selecting them and pressing the "ADD" or "REMOVE" buttons.
- New: Creates a new Role. If a role is intended to be associated with a task, it is recommended to create it from the IDE from the Workflow Preferences.
- Display: Shows information about the data of a specific role, first select the corresponding role from the list of roles and then press this button.
This grid has the following options:
- It allows refreshing the grid.
- It allows selecting the columns wanted to be visible.
- It is possible to sort some columns by clicking on their title.
This grid consists of the following columns:
- Id: Role Id.
- Name: Role name.
- Global Id: Role global Id.
- Description: Rol description.
There is a group of special roles present in any system that uses GXflow. These roles are used to define the profile of each user and establishes the level of access that the GXflow client user will have. These roles are the following:
- GXflow Administrator: It corresponds to the system administrators. It allows accessing all GXflow client applications.
- GXflow Backend Administrator: This role allows a user to have access to the GXflow Backend menu—when used in combination with the role GXflow Administrator.
- GXflow Form Designer: This role allows a user to have access to the GXflow Dynamic Forms menu —when used in combination with the role GXflow Administrator.
- GXflow Manager: It corresponds to the process administrator profile. Users that have this role will be able to access the Desktop, the Process Manager, the Document Manager and the Event Viewer.
- GXflow Manager Read Only: This role is similar to the Manger role, since it allows the user to access the same client applications. The difference is that a user with Manager Read Only role will not be able to execute actions in the Process Manager, such as abort a process or assign a task; he will only be able to query information.
- GXflow Prototyper: This role is assigned automatically to the WFADMINISTRATOR user by GXflow. This happens when you execute the GXflow Client in Prototyper Mode. See more: Execution mode property.
- GXflow Security Administrator: This role allows accessing only the Management Console.
GXflow Management Console
GXflow Organizational Units Definitions
GXflow Organizational Units