This document lists software requirements that GXflow components require at runtime. For developer requirements please check GeneXus 17 hardware and software requirements
GXflow is a multi-platform Software solution, so its server-side requirements vary depending on the selected language (Java, .NET) and DBMS.
||* Microsoft .NET Framework 4.6 or higher
* IIS 6.0 or higher (1)
* ADO .NET provider associated with the selected DBMS
* URL Rewrite
* Check GeneXus 15 .NET Generator for more information
||* Sun JRE 1.6 or higher (2)
* J2EE Server or Servlet Server(3)
* DBMS JDBC Driver (4)
* Check GeneXus 15 Java Generator for more information
(1) - Internet Information Server 7 or higher when running on Azure.
(2) - JRE 1.7 if exposing GXflow's API through REST services is required, or External Storage for Multimedia features are required.
(3) - When using Apache Tomcat, use version 7.0.67 or higher.
(4) - Redistributable JDBC Drivers are automatically packaged with the application (ref.: Application Deployment tool).
When generating application that use databases, the supported DBMS's are the following:
These are the client-side requirements for the built-in components; custom clients may have others.
GXflow Inbox runs in web browsers; the GXflow Client for Smart Devices runs on iOS and Android.
||Recommended Version (1)
||11 or higher
(1) - In all cases, the latest available browser version is recommended, primarily because of improvements related to performance and security.
Supported Native OS
Android and iOS applications store local data for caching purposes or offline scenarios using SQLite databases. The SQLite DBMS is part of Android and iOS Operating Systems and its version is defined by Android and iOS Requirements.
Check iOS Requirements and Android Requirements for more information.
There may be additional requirements that depend on the application interoperates with GXflow and whether the security is based on GeneXus Access Manager (GAM).
For those cases, check the Application execution requirements section at GeneXus 17 hardware and software requirements.